the Filmi Secret Santa Project
Remember in grade school (or in my case, high school French class) when you'd get assigned to be someone's Secret Santa and give them little presents for a week? And trying to figure out who gave you that cardboard book of Life Savers? So fun! I hereby invite you to participate in a Filmi Secret Santa program, and the rules are thus:
- Presents will be virtual - collages, videos, song re-writes, new script ideas, poetic tributes, etc.
- In order to get presents, you have to give at least one. That is, to be assigned as someone's recipient, you will also get a recipient. The number of presents each Santa gives is up to them.
- Keeping your identity secret for a week or so somehow that seems more fun. Obviously this could be tricky over email, but I will happily run interference if you want to send me your present and I pass it on to your recipient with the sender's details omitted :)
- To participate, email me your name, email address, and website if you have one. This information will be given only to whoever is assigned your name.
- I also recommend submitting a small list of your favorite films, stars, etc, so that if the person who gets your name doesn't know you well, they'll have a starting point for their presents. Otherwise you might end up with a Tusshar Kapoor fan video, and no one wants that.
- I will assign names by writing them on slips of paper and drawing them out of a hat. Old school!
- OPTIONAL: if you are inspired to give a 3-D present, you certainly may, but doing so is by no means required. If you would like to go into the hat for potentially getting a 3-D present, you will have to give me your mailing address and be aware that someone else whom you may not know will also be given that information.